Rules for the return of competitions at Clogher Valley Golf Club
- 4 balls allowed at 15 minute intervals
- strict social distancing rules still apply
- only one person at a time is allowed in the Club house
- entry into the competition can be booked on line or with Victor
- casual golf can also be booked on the competition page
- the computer in the Club house can not be used for competition entry
- players who enter the competition have priority on the first 10th Tee box
- please bring the correct entry fee ie £5.00
- each player will keep their own card and should verify their score with their playing partner
- cards must be filled out neatly with the players own name and one of their playing partners names
- the card should be signed by the player only
- the competition name and date should also be filled in
- as per GUI guidance cards will not be handled for at least 24 hours after the competition has ended.
- therefore the results will not be published until early the following week
- flag sticks must remain in the hole and should not be handled at any time
- players are not allowed to hold the flag straight with their putter while their partner is putting
- players can place their ball within 6 inches, not nearer the hole, in a bunker.
- after playing their shot they can smooth the sand with their shoe or a club
- the sand cannot be touched until after the shot has been played
- see below linked video from Ballyliffin Golf club
- players can only play one practice 9 holes before entering the competition
- if in any doubt as to the whereabouts of their ball a player should play a provisional ball.
- this will help to keep things moving and cut down on the number of times a player will have to double back to replay their shot
As this is the first competition of the year and we are using a new booking system and playing under different rules we ask all golfers to be patient and vigilant.
This weekend is a trial run for everyone. Things may or may not need to be changed.
We hope everyone will have an enjoyable game and stay safe.